What Should You Expect When You Redesign Your Dining Room?
While the way we dine has changed over time, the Dining Room continues to provide the perfect setting for capturing your friend's special moments and sharing them with your family.
Various family functions happen in this space, from dinner sessions for the entire family on a regular basis, in addition to lavish dinner parties that are somewhat infrequent. Having a flexible design style is crucial in such a space.
Additionally, your dining room interior should match your unique personal style while also being functional and livable for your way of life.
When creating an interior design for your dining area, there are many elements to consider, including a modern open plan kitchen-dining area or a more traditional separate dining room.
We have assembled enough Dining Room decor ideas to help you out, whether you envision holding a small dinner event with close friends or are interested in integrating a dining area into your kitchen.
- Use different kitchen furniture, such as worktops, appliances, and wall units
- Separate the kitchen from the dining area using different doors or panels in different colors, textures, and finishes
- Use a splash guard and keep the site clear of appliances and cooking gear
Dining tables can be ideal for larger family gatherings. They can be a perfect way of introducing the broader family to the pleasures of cooking and just about anything else under the sun. While most diners are purpose-built for cooking, a table with some shelving, or even built-in shelves, is also an attractive and practical option.
Best Processes When Remodeling Your Dining Room
If you have kids, then an open plan kitchen is ideal as kids will always have an excuse to sneak away from the table. Using curtains or partitions can be suitable for keeping the kids safe and also provide an ideal area for gaming, messing around, or just hanging out.
- Use color, and even different materials, to separate the area as much as possible.
Consider using curtains in different colors or even in different finishes. If you opt for a separate room for dining, consider using curtains that reflect that theme. Consider using color in the curtains or even hanging different sized pieces of fabric in the room.
- Use mirrors to break up the area. Make the main display cabinet a mirror, and use all the other doors, cupboards, shelves, etc., in the room a softer, more flattering angle.
- Make the area as quiet as possible. Remove as much clutter as you can. If there are children in the home, then disallow them in the space as much as possible, as they will constantly be creating distractions.
To use this type of design correctly, you need to identify what kinds of appliances you will need in the area. You will likely need a cooker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker, as well as some table units and other pieces of kitchen equipment.
Remember that you need to have the right appliances for your purpose, and it is vital to make sure that they are suited to the type of room. For example, if you aim for a children's dining room, you will probably not need as much fridge space as if you were aiming for a family dining room. Also, remember that by using a separate room for dining, you will have much more kitchen floor space to use for other purposes, such as free time, entertaining, and so on.
Remember that the design and decoration of any room, particularly a dining room, is essential to the people who will be using it. This will impact the way you can use the room, and you will want to make sure that it reflects positive images of fun and enjoyment.
To help you achieve a successful new design, we have put together a step-by-step guide below, which takes you through the design process step-by-step. This guide should help you to create the perfect dining room in no time!
- Plan: Before starting, you need to have a clear idea of what you want to achieve. By creating a design plan, you can quickly identify what items you will need to create the room.
- Purchase: The items you use in a room generally determine the style and color of the room. You can easily craft the look you want by carefully planning what you need and what you don't need.
- Decorate: You can easily create the look you want by choosing the right colors, flooring, wall colors, window coverings, and furnishing.
- Paint: It is often the most tedious part of the design process. You can easily construct the look you want by choosing appropriate colors.
- Add: Remember that you don't have to use the exact color you chose to get the look you want. For example, if you selected orange for the walls and green for the furnishings, don't be afraid to add a splash of red to the dining room floor.
- Accents: Accents can easily create the look you want by adding them with plants, accessories, or candles.
If you are thinking about remodeling your dining room as part of a whole-home redesign or if you just want to update your dining room, reach out to the design experts at ICI Interiors. We look forward to helping you with your dining room design project.
Learn about our interior design services.
See our portfolio.
Learn about our bedroom design services.