Bush Holly House
Located in the Cos Cob section of Greenwich, CT, just off exit 4 of interstate 95, the Bush-Holly House is a historic house museum and a National Historic Landmark. The house is located at the street address 39 Strickland Rd.
The house was built around 1730. In the late 19th century, it served as a boarding house and was the focus of the “Cos Cob Art Colony”, the first art colony in CT. Later, between the years of 1890 and 1920, the house served as a meeting house for art students, artists, and writers.
The house currently operates as a historic site by the Historical Society of the Town of Greenwich and functions as a museum open for tours.
1n 1957, the Historical Society of the Town of Greenwich purchased the house, transforming it into a museum in 1958. On December 1, 1988, the main house was listed in the Nation Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and was subsequently declared a Nation Historic Landmark (NHL) on July 17, 1991.
The guided tours of the house focus on the historic interiors related to the Bush and Holly families. Also, there is an emphasis on an American Impressionist art collection. The art exhibits focus on the art and artists of the Cos Cob Art Colony, museum collections, and aspects of the history of Greenwich CT.